Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Logo Banner and Colour Theory.


I recently uploaded my new banner, consisting of 4 different images, and some nice looking font.

I believe I deserve a 4, because I incorporated quite a lot of elements on my banner.

First, I created the overall background by creating rectangles that were grey, black, white, and inbetween. Then I added some blur effects to make it seem like it's zooming in and spinning.

Then I grabbed 3 images, from left to right:

A picture of L Lawliet, from the popular Death Note Manga series,

L Lawliet Fan art (Online Image) Available http://cataclysm-x.deviantart.com/art/Death-Note-L-83145184, April 17, 2008


A picture of the Triforce, most commonly associated with the Legend of Zelda series,

Triforce (Online Image) Available http://5995260108.deviantart.com/art/Triforce-81074049, March 26, 2008


and a picture of my Electric Guitar, taken by Lou Khawaja. I used the source image from my USB drive.

Each layer was about 20% Transparency, so that my original background could still be seen.

Then afterwards, I decided to put my full name onto it. I wanted it to look flashy and stand out, so I added some more zoom effects, and arranged it diagonally across my banner.

To end it off, I knew it was going to put the title of my blog in the image, so I decided to put a 20% transparency Rectangular white box so that the clarity of the Blog title will be crisp, while maintaining clarity of the images behind it.

I also chose the monotone colour scheme to match my blog.

------------------------------------------
Alright, after going through the website, here are the answers to the questions.

What is the difference between shade and tint?
Shade is the Colour produced when added with Black
Tint is the colour produced when added with White

What is the colour system used for printing?
The CMYK colour system. Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Key (black)

How can you ensure proper colour rendering in print?
Work within the CMYK colour spectrum, or selecting the proper colours in a CMYK pallette.

What are complementary colours? Give an example
Colours that are opposite to each other on the colour wheel. For example, Orange and Purple

What are tertiary colours? Give an example
Colours that are a mixture of both Primary and Secondary colours.

What is meant by a visually advancing colour?
A colour that is usually warm or saturated that has less visual weight on the passive colours.

What could cause vibrating boundaries to occur?
When you "stack" opposite colours on to each other.

How can you find a complementary colour without a colour wheel?
Eyes. You can stare at the colour for a long time, then look at a white surface. The After image is the complementary colour. Or you can easily invert (CTRL + I) the colours in Photoshop.

What is an after image?
It's when the rods and cones in our eyes starts to fatigue due to looking at a coloured object for a long period of time. This causes an after image.

What is a monochromatic colour relationship?
colours in the shade or tint of the same hue.

What is an analogous colour relationship?
Colours located next to each other on the colour wheel

What is contrast?
The difference between 2 or more colours.

What could cause simultaneous contrast to occur?
When opposing or clashing colours or placed next to each other.

Name and describe three of Itten’s Colour Contrasts
Contrast of Extension: Assigning colours of different weighting approriate areas.

Contrast of Hue: The placing of different hues of a colour next to each other. The bigger the gap the higher the contrast.

Contrast of Complements: Using colour wheel opposites next to each other.

How do you determine the dominant colour?
The colour with the largest area.

How can you create an accent with colour?
small area, contrasting hues.

What is the difference between contrast dominant and value dominant?
Contrast dominance is the Dominance between contrasts of colours

Value dominant is the overall saturation of the colours.

What is one method of identifying possible options for colour schemes?
Using the colour wheel to find out colours that go well together.

My colour scheme

1 comment:

  1. The banner looks great. It is nice how you incorporated many different elements. It also goes well with the colour scheme of your blog. 4/4

    Colour theory questions look good. 4/4

    ReplyDelete