Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 3 - Starting on the Web 2.0 project, ->reflection

alright, so today in class we learned about Web 2.0 and how it is different from Web 1.0

Well, aside from the differences of the names of the versions, We learned that a Web 2.0 site has a two way relationship with both the audience and the creator.

In Web 1.0, the reader was able to get information, with the author creating that information.

However, in Web 2.0, we learned that both the Author and the Audience both have a share in creating content for the site.

So for my project, I chose last.fm, since I use it on a constant basis.

here's my profile if anyone want to see: CLICKY!

So yea, I'm ready to rock this presentation!

------------------------

Reflection:

1. What did I do in class today?

We learned about Web 2.0 and how it affects our daily lives.

2. What did I learn?

I learned the differences between Web 2.0 and Web 1.0

3. What did I find interesting?

Mr. Powell mentioned about a Web 3.0

I did some research and I heard that Web 3.0 sites could come out during this decade.

Even though I am still unclear about some of the differences between Web 2.0 and 3.0, I'm still curious to what it could bring to us in the near future.

4. What questions do I have about what I learned?


I'm still a bit confused about Web 3.0 and it's expectations... but I'll research about it later on.


5. What connections did I make to previous ideas or questions?

I kinda find it ironic that I at first didn't know what the definition of a Web 2.0 website was, even though I've been on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc, a lot!

-------

1 comment:

  1. First of all, great looking blog! I'm impressed.

    As for Web 3.0, I don't know much about it myself. I've just heard the term being thrown around. According to one site I just looked up, it is supposed to be between 2010-2020 which would mean that Web 2.0 is already out of date!

    ReplyDelete